... Wind chill warning in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 PM
* what... dangerously cold wind chills expected. Wind chills less
than 25 below zero expected, particularly in areas exposed to
* Where... in Virginia, Highland County. In West Virginia, eastern
* When... from 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Monday.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills could cause
frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air and
the wind will create dangerously low wind chill values. Frostbite
can occur quickly and even hypothermia or death if precautions
are not taken.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Pendleton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Warning
Issued: 3:44 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:30 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 am this morning to 7 PM
EST this evening...
* timing... winds will increase quickly after daybreak, with the
highest gusts expected during the midday and afternoon.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 45 to 55 mph, with
the strongest winds on the ridges.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high