... Wind chill warning now in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
1 PM EST Monday...
* what... dangerously cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low
as 25 below zero expected.
* Where... portions of western Maryland, western Virginia and
eastern West Virginia.
* When... from 4 PM this afternoon to 1 PM EST Monday. The lowest
wind chills will occur early Monday morning.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills could cause
frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air and
the wind will create dangerously low wind chill values. Frostbite
can occur quickly and even hypothermia or death if precautions
are not taken.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Pendleton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Warning
Issued: 12:47 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 12:32 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
* timing... through this evening.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high