... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EST early
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 11 am
* what... freezing rain this morning with an additional light glaze
possible. Very cold wind chills expected tonight into Monday
morning. Wind chills between 10 and 20 below zero expected.
* Where... Hardy and eastern Grant counties.
* When... for the Winter Weather Advisory, until 6 am EST early
this morning. For the Wind Chill Advisory, from 10 PM this
evening to 11 am EST Monday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions this
morning. The cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed
skin in as little as 30 minutes beginning tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Hardy Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:44 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:30 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 am this morning to 7 PM
EST this evening...
* timing... winds will increase quickly after daybreak, with the
highest gusts expected during the midday and afternoon.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 45 to 55 mph, with
the strongest winds on the ridges.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high