... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 11 am
* what... very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills between 5 and
15 below zero expected.
* Where... the District of Columbia, much of central and southern
Maryland, central and northern Virginia including the Shenandoah
Valley, and the eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.
* When... from 10 PM this evening to 11 am EST Monday.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills could result in
hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Page Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 3:44 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:30 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 am this morning to 7 PM
EST this evening...
* timing... winds will increase quickly after daybreak, with the
highest gusts expected during the midday and afternoon.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 45 to 55 mph, with
the strongest winds on the ridges.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
Nearby Radar Stations
- Battle Creek
- Big Spring
- Catherine Furnace
- Grove Hill
- Morning Star
- Shenandoah Forest
- Spring View
- Stony Man
- White House
- Whitehouse Landing
- Woodland Park (Luray)