The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Sulphur river below Talco.
* From Sunday afternoon to Wednesday morning... or until the warning
* At 9:45 am Friday the stage was 3.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Sunday afternoon and continue
to rise to near 24.0 feet by Monday early afternoon. The river will
fall below flood stage by Tuesday afternoon.
Lat... Lon 3338 9530 3341 9488 3331 9466 3326 9466 3331 9478
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Morris Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:59 AM CDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 4:19 AM CDT Apr. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Lake Wind Advisory now in effect until 7 am CDT Sunday...
* event... a very tight pressure gradient across the Southern
Plains will result in strong southerly winds of 15-25 mph with
gusts to 35-40 mph over all of East Texas, extreme southern
Arkansas, and north Louisiana today and tonight.
* Timing... through 7 am CDT Sunday.
* Impact... boaters should exercise caution on area lakes due to
rough chop conditions.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.