... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through
Sunday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for the
western one-third of the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for strong winds and low relative humidity, which
is in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening.
* Affected area... in Oklahoma... Cimarron. In Texas... Dallam...
Sherman... Hartley... Moore... Oldham... Potter... Deaf Smith and
* 20 foot winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 5 percent.
* Red flag threat index... 4 to 7.
* Timing... between noon and 8 PM CDT.
A Fire Weather Watch means that the potential for critical fire
weather conditions exists. Listen for later forecasts and
possible red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Moore Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 3:55 AM CDT Mar. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service