The National Weather Service in Greer has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Saluda River at Chappells
* from this afternoon to Wednesday morning or until the warning is
* At 10 am Tuesday the stage was 8.8 feet and rising rapidly.
* Minor flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast: the river will rise above minor flood stage late this
afternoon and crest around 14.6 feet this evening. The river will
fall below minor flood stage early Wednesday morning.
* Impacts: at 14.0 feet: lowlands around and downstream from Chappells
become flooded. Cattle grazing river bottomland should be moved to
Lat... Lon 3417 8190 3420 8168 3412 8169 3414 8187
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Saluda Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:17 AM EST Jan. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service