... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 5 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 5 PM MST
Thursday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... Chaves County plains.
* Winds... sustained at 30 to 40 mph from the northwest then north
with occasional gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... northwest winds will increase this evening, turning
north by sunrise Thursday behind a backdoor cold front.
* Visibility... light snow will accompany the frontal passage, and
areas of blowing dust or snow will reduce visibility to less
than a mile at times.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds are expected on both
southwest-to-northeast oriented and west-to-east oriented roads,
including U.S. Highway 70. Difficult driving conditions are
anticipated, especially for high profile vehicles. Strong gusts
may lift light weight objects.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Chaves County Plains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:43 PM MST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service