... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM MDT this
* location... the Raton Pass area and Johnson Mesa, as well as
Union County in northeastern New Mexico.
* Winds... north to northwest winds at 25 to 35 mph with gusts 45
to 55 mph.
* Timing... strong winds will persist through the mid afternoon
* Visibility... local reductions due to blowing dust will be
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on Interstate 25 through the Raton
Pass and other north to south oriented roads.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Union County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 5:56 AM MDT Mar. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service