... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 5 am MST Saturday...
* location... chuska, Sandia and Manzano Mountains.
* Winds... west becoming northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to
* Timing... winds will remain strong through the night, finally
diminishing around daybreak.
* Visibility... no significant restrictions expected, but may
briefly lower between 3 and 5 miles in blowing dust.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will make travel difficult
along north to south oriented roadways and through mountain
gaps locations. Items such as trash cans, lawn furniture, and
other loose or lightweight outdoor objects may become
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sandia/Manzano Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:58 PM MST Nov. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service