... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Friday night through
late Saturday night...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Storm Watch, which is in effect from late Friday night through
late Saturday night.
* Snow accumulations... could be significant with 5 to 11 inches
* Timing... snow will become heavier and more widespread late
Friday night through Saturday, then taper off late Saturday
* Winds... east 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph Saturday.
* Snow levels... snow levels will fall rapidly early Saturday
morning so temperatures will quickly become cold enough for
snow at all locations.
* Local impacts... travel may become hazardous across much of the
Sandia and Manzano Mountains and Central Highlands, especially
on Interstate 40 from near Tijeras east to Edgewood and in and
near Clines Corners.
Remember, a Winter Storm Watch means conditions are favorable for
a hazardous winter weather event in and close to the watch area.
Monitor the latest forecasts at weather.Gov/abq, listen to NOAA
Weather Radio or your favorite media outlet.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sandia/Manzano Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 3:34 PM MDT Apr. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service