... Heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening...
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this evening to 2 am
* location... the middle Rio Grande Valley including the
Albuquerque Metro area.
* Winds... increasing from the east at 25 to 35 mph with occasional
gusts to 50 mph in areas downwind of bear and Tijeras canyons.
* Timing... winds will abruptly strengthen this evening around 6
PM, persisting through the early morning hours Saturday.
* Visibility... widespread visibility reductions are not
* Temperatures... highs around 98 to 101 this afternoon in the
middle Rio Grande Valley, including Albuquerque and Los Lunas.
* Local impacts... very hot temperatures with rather low relative
humidity will increase the risk for dehydration and heat
related illnesses. Pets and livestock will also be impacted by
these very hot temperatures. Strong East Canyon winds will
create dangerous cross winds on north to south oriented roads
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Heat Advisory, Wind Advisory
Issued: 11:58 AM MDT Jun. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service