... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am MST Thursday...
* location... portions of northwest New Mexico, the Santa Fe
Metro area, the lower Rio Grande and upper Tularosa valleys.
* Winds... sustained at 25 to 35 mph from the northwest with
occasional gusts between 45 and 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase this evening and continue through
the night before diminishing early Thursday.
* Visibility... blowing dust could reduce visibility to less than
5 miles at times.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds are expected on southwest-
to-northeast oriented roads, including the I-25 corridor through
Santa Fe and Glorieta Pass. Difficult driving conditions are
anticipated, especially for high profile vehicles.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Santa Fe Metro Area Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:43 PM MST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service