... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
Monday evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire
weather zones 005, 006, 007, 017, 018, 019, 082 and 083...
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for wind and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from Monday afternoon through Monday evening.
* Affected area... in Kansas, fire weather zone 005 Phillips,
fire weather zone 006 Smith, fire weather zone 007 Jewell,
fire weather zone 017 Rooks, fire weather zone 018 Osborne and
fire weather zone 019 Mitchell. In Nebraska, fire weather zone
082 Furnas and fire weather zone 083 Harlan.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... Monday afternoon and early evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will spread quickly... be
difficult to control... and will exhibit extreme fire behavior.
* Recommendations... all potential ignition sources should be used
with caution. Any burning should be postponed.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Furnas Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 2:53 PM CST Feb. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service