... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST
* what... rain will continue through the afternoon and evening.
However, a light wintry mix could re-develop overnight and
linger into Monday morning. A thin light glaze of ice is
possible, mainly on elevated surfaces.
* Where... the Interstate 95 corridor and the rest of the coastal
plain and sandhills of southeastern North Carolina.
* When... today through 7 PM EST Monday.
* Additional details... hazardous travel conditions will linger
through early Monday.
* Temperatures will remain nearly steady in the lower 30s this
afternoon and evening, and will fall back down to near freezing
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for North Carolina can be found online
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Harnett Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 11:21 AM EST Dec. 9, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Anderson Creek
- Boone Trail
- Buies Creek
- Cape Fear
- Chalybeate Springs
- Flat Branch
- Lakeside Village
- Norrington Crossroads
- Spout Springs
- Twin Lakes