... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST Monday...
* locations... portions of the southern and central mountains of
North Carolina, including the high elevations of the Great Smoky
Mountains, the balsams, and Madison County. The mountains of
northeast Georgia and South Carolina.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... strong northwest winds will begin to diminish this
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Isolated to scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Macon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:47 PM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
- Addington Mill
- Berry Mill
- Burnett Fields
- Cozads Mill
- Deans Mill
- East Franklin
- Malonee Mill
- McClure Mill
- McDonald Mill
- Mountain Grove
- Parrish Gap
- Rainbow Springs
- Scaly Mountain
- Slickrock Ford
- Watkins Mill
- Wayah Depot