... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 7 am
EST Thursday above 3500 feet...
... Wind Advisory will expire at 7 am EST this morning above
* locations... the central and southern mountains of western
North Carolina above 3500 feet elevation.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... winds increase again this evening through tonight.
* Winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Swain Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 6:52 AM EST Dec. 13, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Big Laurel
- Bryson City
- Bryson Place
- Carson Mill
- De Hart Mill
- Franklin Grove
- Halls Ford
- Jackson Line
- Jenkins Place
- Lackey Hill
- Maple Springs
- Oconaluftee Indian Village
- Shallow Ford
- Solola Valley
- Talc Mountain
- Three Forks
- Wright Place