... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 am this morning to 7 am
* winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Wind chills... in the single digits late tonight.
* Timing... winds increase this morning. Peak winds occur mid-
morning into this evening.
* Impacts... potential for downed trees and powerlines.
* Locations... the northern Piedmont and foothills of North
Carolina, and Southside Virginia.
* Hazards... strong winds and low wind chills.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
If venturing out Sunday and especially Sunday night into Monday
morning, wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight warm clothing,
a hat, and mittens or gloves.
The public is encouraged to report wind damage to the National
Weather Service via email at rnk.Skywarn@noaa.Gov... through
facebook or twitter... or by calling 1... 8 6 6... 2 1 5... 4 3 2 4.
Pictures are greatly appreciated.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Stokes Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:42 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Aarons Corner
- Brims Grove
- Brook Cove
- Chestnut Grove
- Dan River Shores
- Flat Shoals
- Harts Store
- Moores Springs
- Pine Hall
- Quaker Gap
- Ross Store
- Sandy Ridge
- Stonewood Acres
- Walnut Cove