... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... the Blue Ridge mountains including and southwest
* Hazards... strong northwest wind gusts.
* Winds... northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds are expected overnight tonight.
Northwest wind gusts should then ease early morning Wednesday.
* Impacts... these winds may down small trees or tree limbs... as
well as power lines. Loose outdoor objects should be secured.
Winds this strong can make travel difficult, especially for
high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ashe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:29 PM EST Jan. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Apple Grove
- Glendale Springs
- Grassy Creek
- Green Valley
- Listening Rock
- Mill Creek
- Nathans Creek
- Ore Knob
- Shatley Springs
- Weavers Ford
- West Jefferson