... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Wednesday afternoon
through Wednesday evening for low relative humidity for fire
weather zones 112, 113, 114, 115, 117 and 118...
* affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 112 eastern
Glacier/Toole/central/eastern Pondera/Liberty, 113 hill and
Blaine counties, 114 Lewis And Clark National Forest Rocky
Mountain district-Rocky Mountain front, 115 Chouteau and Fergus
counties, 117 central and eastern Lewis And Clark National Forest
areas and 118 Helena and Townsend Ranger districts of the Helena
National Forest. For all districts, the Fire Weather Watch is
for lower elevation grassland locations.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... Wednesday afternoon through evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent.
* Temperatures... in the mid 80s to mid 90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds could create
critical fire weather conditions over the lower land grass
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. A combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity,
and warm temperatures will create high fire growth potential.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Fire Weather Watch.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Pondera Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 3:02 AM MDT Jul. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service