... Freezing fog advisory in effect until 9 am CST this morning...
The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a freezing fog
advisory, which is in effect until 9 am CST this morning.
* Timing... current through 9 am CST.
* Visibility... visibility will be reduced to a quarter of a mile
or less at many locales. Temperatures will be in the mid to
upper 20s areawide.
* Impacts... in addition to hazardous driving due to reduced
visibility, a frost and/or glaze could result in slippery
conditions on area bridges and overpasses especially near bodies
A freezing fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving, slow down, use
your headlights, and leave plenty of distance ahead of you. Also,
be alert for frost on bridge decks causing slippery roads.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Holmes Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Freezing Fog Advisory
Issued: 3:44 AM CST Dec. 11, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 6:54 PM CST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Big Black River at west
* until late Wednesday night.
* At 5:45 PM Monday the stage was 14.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage early tomorrow and
will continue to rise to near 16.0 feet tomorrow evening.
* Impact... at 15.0 feet... lowlands and agricultural land near the
river begin to flood.
Flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Tue Wed Thu crest time date
Upper Big Black River
west 15 14.5 Mon 06 PM 15.2 15.7 12.7 16.0 06 PM 12/11
Lat... Lon 3291 9006 3314 8990 3330 8981 3322 8963
3313 8969 3285 8987