The Flood Warning continues for
the Missouri River at St Joseph.
* Until further notice.
* At 7:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 19.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 20.0 feet by
Thursday morning then begin falling.
* At 19.0 feet... backwater from the Missouri River floods property
along the Nodaway river at Nodaway, Missouri.
* At 17.0 feet... lowland flooding upstream and downstream from St.
location fs stage day/time forecast
St Joseph 17 19.8 Wed 07 PM 20.0 Thursday morning
lat... Lon 3991 9501 3990 9489 3975 9483 3964 9488 3970 9505
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Buchanan Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:34 PM CDT Jul. 17, 2019 – National Weather Service
Excessive Heat Warning
Issued: 2:21 PM CDT Jul. 17, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM CDT
* temperature... high temperatures will be in the upper 90s to
around 100 degrees with night time lows in the upper 70s to
lower 80s. Heat index values will reach 105 to 110 degrees each
afternoon. The highest heat index readings are expected along
the Missouri River where flooding is occurring or has recently
* Impacts... dangerously high temperatures and humidity could
quickly cause heat stress or heat stroke if precautions are not
taken. The very Young, the elderly, those without air
conditioning, and those participating in strenuous outdoor
activities will be the most susceptible. Also, car interiors can
reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes.
An excessive heat warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures and high humidity will occur. Heat
illnesses are likely. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-
conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. Always check the back seat
before exiting your vehicle.
People in the Kansas City metropolitan area can get information
about cooling centers from the United way by dialing 2-1-1 from a
land line telephone.