The Flood Warning continues for
the Ouachita River at Monroe, Louisiana.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:00 am Tuesday the stage was 47.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 40 feet.
* Forecast... the river will recede to near 46.8 feet by Wednesday
* Impact... at 47.5 feet... water floods the underclearance of the
desiard street bridge. Major lowland flooding occurs between the
Lat... Lon 3308 9213 3271 9203 3217 9211 3249 9218 3277 9209
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Union Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:28 AM CDT Mar. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 3:44 AM CDT Mar. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 7 PM
CDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a lake Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 9 am this morning to 7 PM CDT
* Event... a tight pressure gradient will persist across the region
today in wake of a cold frontal passage Monday evening.
Northwest winds will increase to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30
mph by mid-morning, and continue through the afternoon before
diminishing quickly after sunset.
* Timing... from 9 am to 7 PM CDT today.
* Impact... rough chop on area lakes will create hazardous
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.