... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST this
* what... light snow winding down this morning. An additional
dusting of accumulation possible. Wind gusts to 35 mph will be
possible at times.
* Where... east-central Kentucky.
* When... until 7 am EST /6 am CST/ this morning.
* Additional details... Road conditions are expected to be
hazardous this morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
Listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your local media for the latest
updates on this situation.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Bourbon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:42 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:41 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
The National Weather Service in Louisville KY has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Stoner creek at Paris.
* From this morning to this evening.
* At 3:15 am Sunday the stage was 17.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by this morning and continue to
rise to near 18.1 feet by late this morning. The river will fall
below flood stage by this afternoon.
* Impact... at 18.0 feet... water floods a few low roads on right bank
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 18.1
feet on Mar 5 2008.
Lat... Lon 3804 8413 3816 8425 3829 8433 3835 8422
3823 8414 3811 8401
Issued: 3:11 AM CST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Slick roads and cold temperatures today...
Roads will remain slick this morning, and some roads may remain
snow covered. Temperatures continue to drop, and wind chill
readings through the mid to late morning hours will be in the
single digits. Temperatures won't improve much this afternoon,
though winds will gradually diminish. Bundle up, and take it slow
on slick roads.