... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 11 PM
MDT this evening for scattered thunderstorms and outflow winds
for Idaho fire weather zones 410, 413, 422, 425, 475, and 476...
* thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms will develop this
afternoon. Frequent lightning and gusty outflow winds in excess
of 45 mph is likely, and up to 60 mph possible. New fire starts
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly based on these criteria
for southeastern idaho:
* relative humidity at or below 15 percent and wind gusts of at
least 25 mph in the mountains, or 30 mph in the snake plain.
* Thunderstorm coverage of 25 percent, without specific rainfall
* Other high impact events deemed critical by the National
Weather Service and area fire management agencies.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lost River/Pashimeroi Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:47 AM MDT Aug. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service