... Freeze warning remains in effect from 2 am to 8 am EST
* temperatures... in the upper 20s.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures could kill sensitive
vegetation and damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
expected for at least 2 hours. Appropriate action should be
taken to ensure tender vegetation and outdoor pets have adequate
protection from the cold temperatures. Young children, the
elderly and the homeless are especially vulnerable to the cold.
Take measures to protect them.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Echols Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:56 PM EST Dec. 11, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 8:04 PM EST Dec. 11, 2018 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Alapaha river at Statenville.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:45 PM Tuesday the stage was 102.4 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 100.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 102.8 feet by
early Thursday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 100.0 feet... the boat ramp near the gauge and adjacent
parking lot are flooded.
* Impact... at 92.0 feet... griner Road in Mayday begins to flood. This
isolates 10 homes in the area. Flooding along the Road subsides 2
to 3 days after the river crests in Statenville or when the River
Falls below 96 feet.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri Sat sun
Statenville 100 102.4 Tue 08 PM 102.6 102.8 102.5 102.0 101.4
Lat... Lon 3074 8302 3071 8303 3062 8303 3062 8307 3069 8307 3074 8306