... Freeze warning remains in effect from 2 am to 8 am EST
* temperatures... in the upper 20s.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures could kill sensitive
vegetation and damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
expected for at least 2 hours. Appropriate action should be
taken to ensure tender vegetation and outdoor pets have adequate
protection from the cold temperatures. Young children, the
elderly and the homeless are especially vulnerable to the cold.
Take measures to protect them.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wayne Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:56 PM EST Dec. 11, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 8:22 PM EST Dec. 11, 2018 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Baxley.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:45 PM Tuesday the stage was 76.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 74.5 feet.
* Forecast... the river is at crest and will begin to slowly fall
* Impact... at 74.5 feet... flooding of agricultural and Timber lands is
expected. Deens Landing and Linton Carter Landing boat ramps,
picnic areas and parking lots begin to flood.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri Sat sun
Baxley 74 76.1 Tue 08 PM 76.1 75.9 75.8 75.7 75.7
Lat... Lon 3200 8243 3193 8213 3183 8195 3176 8199 3188 8222 3194 8243