... Flood Warning extended until Thursday afternoon... the Flood
Warning continues for
the Ocmulgee River near Macon.
* Until Thursday afternoon.
* At 8 PM Monday the stage was 21.6 feet... and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Flood stage is 18 feet.
* The river will continue rising to near 21.7 feet by after midnight
tomorrow. The river will fall below flood stage late Thursday
* At 21 feet... minor flooding expands. An increasing amount of the
Macon Greenway Ocmulgee heritage trail floods north of the Martin
Luther King Boulevard bridge. The flood waters will be up to two
feet deep on portions of the trail and both banks overflow upstream
from the bridge. Large portions of agricultural lands east of Macon
and well downstream will be under 1 to 4 feet of water.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 21.8 feet on may 7 2013.
Lat... Lon 3290 8372 3293 8367 3282 8356 3266 8353
3263 8359 3274 8363
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Monroe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:10 PM EST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service