... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am Thursday to 1 am PDT
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 11 am Thursday to 1 am PDT
* Winds... west to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50
* Timing... Thursday afternoon into Thursday night.
* Location... mountain tops to the desert floor. Windiest along the
Desert Mountain slopes and through passes.
* Visibility... patchy blowing dust could lead to visibility
restrictions to briefly a half mile or less across portions of
* Impacts... difficult travel for high profile vehichles and
potential for sudden reductions in visibility.
* Outlook... winds will gradually diminish early Friday morning.
Strong winds can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Blowing dust in the deserts can lead to
restrictions in visibility. Drive with extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Deserts Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 1:41 PM PDT Sep. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service