... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM PDT Wednesday...
* winds... northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 50 mph in the
mountain passes and foothills. Stronger winds tonight and
Tuesday with 25 to 35 mph winds gusting to 60 mph. Winds not as
strong nor widespread Tuesday night into Wednesday with
northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts... hazardous travel for high profile vehicles. Watch for
broken tree limbs.
* Outlook... weaker winds for Thursday and Friday.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:42 AM PDT Oct. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:04 AM PDT Oct. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM PDT Wednesday
for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* wind... northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 50 mph.
Stronger winds tonight and Tuesday of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to
55 mph and isolated gusts to 65 mph. Winds will not be quite as
strong nor widespread for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning
with areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Humidity... lowest daytime humidity around 5 percent today and
Tuesday with poorest overnight recovery near the coastal
foothills. Lowest daytime humidity Wednesday of 5 to 10 percent.
* Timing... the most extreme combination of heat... low humidity...
and wind through Tuesday. Then not quite as hot for Wednesday
with a slight recovery in humidity and with winds more localized
and not quite as strong.
* Outlook... weaker winds are expected for Thursday and Friday with
slow cooling spreading inland and with a gradual recovery of
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly...
especially today and Tuesday. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.