... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 2 PM PDT
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 2 PM PDT
* Winds... gusty northeast winds developing this evening and
becoming strong overnight with gusts of 35 to 50 mph at times.
* Timing... strongest winds late tonight through Saturday morning.
* Location... strongest winds along the coastal mountain slopes,
ridgetops, and immediately below the canyons.
* Impacts... sudden, strong cross-winds, especially for high-
* Outlook... winds will diminish rapidly Saturday afternoon.
* Reports... please send reports of strong winds and wind damage
to the National Weather Service via our facebook and twitter
feeds and online.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Riverside County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:38 AM PDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 5:40 AM PDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 9 am MST /9 am PDT/
this morning to 4 PM MST /4 PM PDT/ this afternoon for strong
winds, low relative humidity and high to very high for the lower
Colorado River valley...
* affected area... Yuma/Martinez Lake and vicinity/lower Colorado
River valley AZ and lower Colorado River valley CA.
* Winds... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... 9am MST/PDT to 4pm MST/PDT
* relative humidity... as low as 7 percent.
* Impacts... fuels are dry to very dry and fire danger is high to
very high. These conditions combined with low relative humidity
and strong winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.