... High Wind Warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 2 PM
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 2 PM PDT
Saturday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Winds... north to northeast winds 15 to 30 mph Friday,
increasing to 25 to 35 mph tonight, with gusts from 50 to 60
mph. Isolated gusts on ridgetops and immediately below canyons
up to 70 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds will occur after midnight tonight
through mid morning Saturday.
* Location... I-15 through the Cajon Pass into the inland Empire.
The Santa Ana Mountains and foothills and parts of inland
* Impacts... sudden, strong cross-winds, especially for high-profile
vehicles. Possible tree and utility line damage. Downed Palm
* Outlook... winds will diminish rapidly Saturday afternoon.
* Reports... please send reports of strong winds and wind damage
to the National Weather Service via our facebook and twitter
feeds and online.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Bernardino County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 4:38 AM PDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service