... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM PST Sunday...
* what... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph mph late
tonight through early Sunday afternoon. Isolated gusts to 55
mph possible Los Angeles County mountains.
* Where... Ventura County mountains and Los Angeles County
mountains excluding the Santa Monica range.
* When... through 3 PM PST Sunday.
* Impacts... gusty winds will make driving difficult and could
blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down
and a few power outages may result.
* Additional details... the strongest winds will occur through
and below passes and canyons. Roadways impacted by gusty cross
winds could include Highway 33 in Ventura County as well as
Interstate 5 and Highway 14 in Los Angeles County.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Los Angeles County Mountains excluding the Santa Monica Range Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:54 PM PST Nov. 16, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 12:16 PM PST Nov. 16, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 am to 6 PM PST
Sunday for wind and low relative humidity for the San Fernando
* winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity... 8-15 percent.
* Temperature... maximums between 85 and 95.
* Impacts... if fire ignition occurs, conditions may be favorable
for extreme fire behavior which would threaten life and
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior. Use extreme caution with
potential fire ignition sources.