... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 am PST Friday for
strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* location... mainly along the coastal mountain slopes, extending
into the adjacent valley areas, including below the Cajon Pass
and inland Orange County.
* Wind... northeast to east 20 to 35 mph... with gusts 50 to 55 mph.
Isolated gusts 65 to 70 mph on remote coastal slopes and
through wind-prone canyons.
* Humidity... minimum 5 to 8 percent, with very poor overnight
recovery in some areas.
* Timing... winds increasing this morning, and continuing into this
evening, then slowly decreasing overnight into Friday morning
from north to south.
* Outlook... another period of critical fire weather conditions is
possible Saturday night through Sunday night, due to another
increase in Santa Ana winds and low humidity.
* Fire weather impacts... any fires that develop will likely
spread rapidly and be difficult to contain. Outdoor burning
should be avoided.
* Wind impacts... hazardous driving conditions for high profile
vehicles. Specific freeways that may be impacted include
interstates 10, 215, 15 and 8. Blowing dust or sand may
locally reduce visibility to 1 mile. Debris on roadways and
falling tree branches possible.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat can contribute to
extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Inland Valleys Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:41 AM PST Dec. 14, 2017 – National Weather Service