... Excessive heat warning remains in effect from 10 am Monday to
8 PM PDT Tuesday...
* temperature... highs mostly in the 90s... except 98 to 106 for
inland Orange County into the western inland Empire and for The
Mesas to the western valleys in San Diego County. The beaches
will not be quite as hot with high temperatures mostly in the
* Impacts... heat related illness is likely for those involved in
strenuous outdoor activity, or those with health conditions that
do not have adequate access to air conditioning. If untreated,
heat illness events could be fatal. Never leave children or pets
inside a parked car!
* Outlook... not quite as hot on Wednesday with greater cooling for Thursday
An excessive heat warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur. The combination of hot
temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a dangerous
situation in which heat illnesses are likely. Drink plenty of
fluids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun...
and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Inland Valleys Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Excessive Heat Warning
Issued: 3:04 AM PDT Oct. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 12:08 PM PDT Oct. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning now in effect until 6 PM PDT Wednesday for
strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* wind... through early evening... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25
mph with gusts to 35 mph near coastal foothills and below passes
and canyons. Winds strengthening late tonight into Monday with
20 to 30 mph with gusts of 50 mph. Strongest winds Monday night
and Tuesday of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 to 60 mph with
isolated gusts to 65 mph. Not quite as windy Wednesday.
* Humidity... lowest humidity around 5 percent Monday and Tuesday
with poorest overnight recovery in the windier areas near the
* Timing... through Wednesday. The most extreme combination of low
humidity... stronger and more widespread winds... and heat on
Monday and Tuesday.
* Outlook... for Wednesday lowest humidity of 5 to 10 percent with
northeast winds gusting to 45 mph will continue critical fire
weather conditions. Cooler Thursday and Friday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly...
especially Monday and Tuesday. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.