The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River near Arkansas City
* until Tuesday April 09.
* At 7:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 44.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 37.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will remain nearly steady over the next
few days before beginning to fall once again.
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... water is on the levees in the vicinity of
Arkansas City. Trailers should be evacuated from the hunting club
on Huntington Point Mississippi due to high water. All of the land
inside levee protection is inundated.
Flood observed forecast 7 am crest
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Arkansas City 37 44.0 Wed 07 PM 44.1 44.0 44.0
Lat... Lon 3340 9128 3357 9128 3413 9108 3412 9066
3358 9106 3340 9105
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Desha Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:02 PM CDT Mar. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service