... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST tonight...
* what... rain will transition to freezing rain across northern
portions of the state through the day today and linger through
the overnight hours. Ice accumulations of a light glaze to a
less than a tenth of an inch.
* Where... portions of north central and northeast Arkansas.
* When... until midnight CST tonight.
* Additional details... the ice will result in very slippery
conditions, especially on elevated roads and bridges. Please
use caution when driving in the warned area, as Road conditions
may become hazardous.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads.
Slow down and use caution while driving. Be sure to check Road
conditions before traveling in these areas. Visit the Arkansas
department of transportation's website idrivearkansas.Com for the
latest Road and traffic conditions.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lawrence Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 7:33 AM CST Feb. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 9:32 AM CST Feb. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Black River at Black Rock.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:00 am Friday the stage was 23.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 23.7 feet
by tomorrow morning.
* Impacts at 24.0 feet... thousands of acres of cropland and pastures
flooded. State Highway 37 in Independence County east of Cord may
be flooded. Water rises into low lying streets in Powhatan. Ball
Park and boat ramp area in Black Rock floods.
Fld observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon crest time date
Black Rock 14 23.9 Fri 09 am 23.7 23.5 23.2 crested
Lat... Lon 3570 9140 3591 9125 3612 9115 3610 9101
3588 9110 3564 9128